Storm of War Teamspeak

Returning the SoW server to EVENTS based

IMPORTANT NOTICES REGARDING SERVER

Re: Returning the SoW server to EVENTS based

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm

All sounds good to me, I don't use the A-4 at all.

Lets see if I can put one together, see what you think and if it up to scratch then we try it out :)
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:09 pm

There are still a few (i.e. 3) members of the XVII Fliegerkorps who are flying DCS. We have a mix of modules, though for WW2, we're only flying LW aircraft. It'd be good to join in with something a bit more historically immersive, but most of the WW2 events these days seem to be Allied-only. However, if there is something for us, just let me know.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:There are still a few (i.e. 3) members of the XVII Fliegerkorps who are flying DCS. We have a mix of modules, though for WW2, we're only flying LW aircraft. It'd be good to join in with something a bit more historically immersive, but most of the WW2 events these days seem to be Allied-only. However, if there is something for us, just let me know.

The seems to be a dearth of Axis squadrons in DCS, especiallly those who are willing to venture beyond the Burning Skies server.
We'll put the server up this sunday night to see how much interest there is. It will just be one of the regalr missions from the rotation. But if we get 3 from XVII to join and say, 10 or so allied pilots from a few squads we can make a good go of it.
The AI will be there too, as always, to keep everyone on their toes.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:We'll put the server up this sunday night to see how much interest there is. It will just be one of the regalr missions from the rotation. But if we get 3 from XVII to join and say, 10 or so allied pilots from a few squads we can make a good go of it.

Excellent. What time?
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:
Admin (Philstyle) wrote:We'll put the server up this sunday night to see how much interest there is. It will just be one of the regalr missions from the rotation. But if we get 3 from XVII to join and say, 10 or so allied pilots from a few squads we can make a good go of it.

Excellent. What time?

Typically from 1900 UK time, for 3 or 4 hours. Then the server will stay on until the following morning.
Coms via SRS/ discord.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Typically from 1900 UK time, for 3 or 4 hours. Then the server will stay on until the following morning. Coms via SRS/ discord.

I assume that we are still using this one?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6894
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:46 pm

We totally lagged out in the end. Pings > 1000 ms.

Still convinced it is related to the B-17 bombers, either bomb drops or the contrails. After the server reset, the pings were okay for a bit... until those B-17s arrived.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 pm

It's a secret weapon developed by allied forces to try to prevent intercepts, it's similar to the secret weapon designed by the Soviets in the 1970s that makes F-14s stop working once they've locked on.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 pm

19RAF MJDixon wrote:It's a secret weapon developed by allied forces to try to prevent intercepts, it's similar to the secret weapon designed by the Soviets in the 1970s that makes F-14s stop working once they've locked on.

No doubt the Soviets were using captured German technology, obtained from when they overran our secret weapons facility at Schloß Lagberg in 1945 (although it seemed like 1946 at the time). :roll:
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:We totally lagged out in the end. Pings > 1000 ms.
Still convinced it is related to the B-17 bombers, either bomb drops or the contrails. After the server reset, the pings were okay for a bit... until those B-17s arrived.

Hmm.. very odd.
We've not had issues with ping recently when the B17s were about, except that one mission we did on the Caucasus map 6 months ago.

I did notice that all of my connections from my house were very poor last night, including trying to play other games where I had very high / erratic pings. I am rather convinced that it was my internet, and not the mission itself.

I will bring the altitude of the bombers down to below contrail height for the next event.

Also, maybe I should throw the server up for a few days mid-week so people can report back if there are still issues,
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Server Notices