Storm of War Teamspeak

Server updating to new OPEN BETA - 03AUG18

IMPORTANT NOTICES REGARDING SERVER

Re: Server updating to new OPEN BETA - 03AUG18

Postby EG14_Retnek » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
We need Luftwaffe pilots (blue team) for SoW
.. would be Good to know how many are out there from the old days....

I'm not that much connected to communities, but I'll spread words. Flying blue is no problem, since the Fw-190 D is by far the most beautiful (german) piston fighter, love to fly the plane.
Problem is myself flying a fighter. In 1944 the Germans had to force lot's of bomber pilots into fighter planes. Veteran fighter pilots verdict: waste of lives and planes - good pilots, but no fighter by mind and most of them never will learn. Those converts had tremendous loss rates. Flying a fighter in a sim I always feel I'm one of them.

I see you also have the viggen
.. quite a few of us do too, and we run cold war missions now and then too..

I'm a child of cold war so I love the planes aesthetics, 3rd generation jets like F-4, A-4, A-6 etc. The Viggen until now is the only jet I feel "at home", mainly because of it's bomber- and even more because of the recon-role.
[SoW I] [SoW II] [EG14 a.D.] [?]
EG14_Retnek
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:12 pm

EG14_Retnek wrote:Problem is myself flying a fighter. In 1944 the Germans had to force lot's of bomber pilots into fighter planes. Veteran fighter pilots verdict: waste of lives and planes - good pilots, but no fighter by mind and most of them never will learn. Those converts had tremendous loss rates. Flying a fighter in a sim I always feel I'm one of them.

Well said.

SoW has recently felt just like that. A couple of LW bomber pilots doing the best they can with fighters, outnumbered 10-to-1 and getting slaughtered. Still enjoyable, very historical... but rather daunting.

We need to drag some of those 109-ers back from the Ostfront. :mrgreen:
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 am

... and it's the nod to history (our evolving and developing understanding of this period of history (as we investigate and learn to make our the sim experience better that is) that adds that sense of gravitas and worthwhile-ness whilst having good times and fun also.

"Lest we forget" being maintained and kept alive and well in our own little way.

Getting back to flying a finger 4, (albeit slightly out of position in my case as ever ;) ), working as an element pair when the fight starts and the challenge of efficiently flying the Mk.IX is much of what it's all about for me.

The efforts to get DCS SoW running is a huge investment.
As before, it'll be down to ourselves, the community, to determine whether it works ultimately.

S!
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Previous

Return to Server Notices