Storm of War Teamspeak

Plans for DH-98 found

For the posting of tutorials, videos and any other cool stuff

Plans for DH-98 found

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 am

A bit old, but I just stumbled over this on a different forum. Seems they've found some detailed records about the DH-98 Mosquito: http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/c ... vered.html

Now that would make a nice addition to DCS.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Re: Plans for DH-98 found

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

I'm not clear why this is so significant.
Avspecs have been building "new" Mosquitoes for the past few years from the ground up. The knowledge of how to make them is already out there.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:I'm not clear why this is so significant.
Avspecs have been building "new" Mosquitoes for the past few years from the ground up. The knowledge of how to make them is already out there.

Hmm... perhaps not significant then.

I was unaware of AvSpecs and had to do some internet searching to find them. There are some photos on their website, but I can't tell whether the internals are authentic or modern.

Sims, on the other hand, can certainly replicate original controls, engines and avionics. Certainly the availability of more drawings and information is a good thing in such regard although, as you say, perhaps not that significant in the scheme of things.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 am

From my recollection, there have been no actual complete plans of mosquitoes thus far. I just watched a program on the Canadian mozzies big rebuilt and they said they were having to essentially use guesswork in some areas as nothing was available. So I'd guess while not ground breaking, it is good news?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Return to Intelligence Department