Storm of War Teamspeak

So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now wha

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 pm

There was few guys working on objects in RoF and they added them in game with no problems, also people worked on new maps but i never saw they finish any, and ViKs say to them when you have working map in RoF mission maker send it to us, so its not like they discuraged people from making them, its probably to mutch work as entrenc level is high so people who know how to work on thouse stuff dont have to mutch free time to finish them, while in arma anyone can do anything easy like it was in 46, i wonted to make map in 1946, didnt know anything about mods, just did few google serches and found manual on SAS forum and in a week i had working map ready with default textures and buildings, if i had to fuiger everything by my self i would still have nothing :)
So by realising things this way they are making sure only pros can mod for their game and that will take long time, even if some one starts to work on new map now, you would not see it for years in game probably.
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Nice, now most of files are readable, and all images can be edited like in RoF
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:34 pm

I realise it is early days yet, but it is still not clear what the possibilities will be. The big question for me is "can we build/alter maps". If so, then we have the option to take on interesting scenarios.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:I realise it is early days yet, but it is still not clear what the possibilities will be. The big question for me is "can we build/alter maps". If so, then we have the option to take on interesting scenarios.

Agreed. Maps (and the specific units to populate them - vehicles etc.) are KEY. They already have aircraft in the game that can be used in multiple situations. All that really is needed is default skin changes for the aircraft on the relevant maps.

Channel, Malta, etc. And with the upcoming Bodenplatte set, it opens up a ton more. If the maps can be made available, people will make content for them.

Would it be so difficult for the RoF channel map to be added? Or is it too small?
No.401_Wolverine

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:15 pm

No.401_Wolverine wrote:Channel, Malta, etc. And with the upcoming Bodenplatte set, it opens up a ton more. If the maps can be made available, people will make content for them.

In addition to Channel and Malta, I'd add Karelia, Italy, and Petsamo/Kirkenes.

Not to mention having a stab at the Pacific.

There is some nice work on that done by a user called =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat. Examples:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33529-faux-pacific
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33 ... r-missions

No.401_Wolverine wrote:Would it be so difficult for the RoF channel map to be added? Or is it too small?

RoF Channel is about the same size as the Velikie Luki map in BoX.

The maps of all combat-flight-games: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... NSwixdUHmU
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Mysticpuma » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Looks like Angkor has found out how to open the files up for modding?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34 ... ent=592189
Mysticpuma

Postby Ibis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 pm

A post from Jason from Mystic's link. :o

"So there you go. The usual suspects arrive and give you what you want just as was done with ROF. Congrats".

Jason
Ibis

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 am

You see hes not oposed to moding, with that extractor you have acces to same amount or even more of clear data then you had with extractor for CloD, and more people from RoF that are used to this system will work fast on mods.
While BoX is now open to moding CloD is totaly closed to moding after Blitz lanch, another thing its lacking now compared to BoX.
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Summer moscow WIP, looks like France :)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35 ... oscow-map/

add desert textures on some existing maps and you got some africa playground
StG77_CountZero

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series