Storm of War Teamspeak

BoK released imminent

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: BoK released imminent

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:51 am

Tried to join BoS multiplayer last night.
Server Sort-by options do not work. In the end, after finding the navigation to be annoying, Reddog and I went to play RO:2 Vietnam instead. ratta tat tat
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Barone wrote:Rof is just good as it is. It's only need a little improve on the graphics at box standards.

Sure, but what they MUST do, however, is implement recon. The WWI air war was all about recon and arty-spotting. A single recon-aircraft could turn whole battles and kill (or save) 1000s of men by getting the right photo or directing the right artillery barrage. It is the basis for the sorties and campaigns. FCv1 has no dedicated observer aircraft (although they do have a couple of two-seaters).

StG77_CountZero wrote:Oh if they only had CloD netcode, MP aspect of BoX is realy bad and its geting worst with this update.

BoX MP has problems at the moment. But there is the new career mode, so a lot of people are dabbling with that instead.

The dserver software is still single-threaded and the game engine is now more complicated, so the network-communications and synchronisation is even more strained and needs attention. The lobby system is still rather poor.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Tried to join BoS multiplayer last night.
Server Sort-by options do not work. In the end, after finding the navigation to be annoying, Reddog and I went to play RO:2 Vietnam instead. ratta tat tat

Yes its anoying to have this sorting not working, there is to many servers to scroll to
StG77_CountZero

Postby Barone » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:Sure, but what they MUST do, however, is implement recon. The WWI air war was all about recon and arty-spotting. A single recon-aircraft could turn whole battles and kill (or save) 1000s of men by getting the right photo or directing the right artillery barrage. It is the basis for the sorties and campaigns. FCv1 has no dedicated observer aircraft (although they do have a couple of two-seaters).

Exactly, that's why I said that RoF is already good as a game. It is only a bit (not even that much) old on the graphics.
Barone

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 pm

and not all BoX players play it on steam, i dont use it. CloD numbers after 3 months are back on before patch or even wors now, will be interesting to check how will it look for BoX in 3 months after this patch.
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm

BoK standar for 49.99$ and collector Spit and hs-129 for 19.99$ are in store now
StG77_CountZero

Postby Barone » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Yes, I got the spit.
Apart from the really good sounds, it hands differently from all others box planes. I don't know if it is because it's one of the post new-FM developed planes but... it doesn't give me that sense of paper plane others box's planes give to me.
I think I'll enjoy it.
Barone

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Barone wrote:Yes, I got the spit.
Apart from the really good sounds, it hands differently from all others box planes. I don't know if it is because it's one of the post new-FM developed planes but... it doesn't give me that sense of paper plane others box's planes give to me.
I think I'll enjoy it.

It's funny, you hear all the quotes from pilots about the Spitfire being so nice to fly and just a lovely aircraft that made you feel part of it, but in so many video games/simulations that have multiple aircraft it feels not much different from all the others in that regard - except BoX. The Spitfire truly IS a joy to fly in BoX comparative to the other aircraft.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 pm

No.401_Wolverine wrote:It's funny, you hear all the quotes from pilots about the Spitfire being so nice to fly and just a lovely aircraft that made you feel part of it, but in so many video games/simulations that have multiple aircraft it feels not much different from all the others in that regard - except BoX. The Spitfire truly IS a joy to fly in BoX comparative to the other aircraft.

I must confess I'm not a fan of the BoX spit. For me, the Yaks fly the way I would expect a Spit to fly... The spit "feels" like its made of tin.
I suspect I am one of the few poeple who atually finds the DCS spitfire a dream to fly, despite the incompleteness of the model. I spent a long time getting my controls set up nicely in terms of ergonomics AND input curves.
The only thing I still have some issue with is the very coarse trim response.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
No.401_Wolverine wrote:It's funny, you hear all the quotes from pilots about the Spitfire being so nice to fly and just a lovely aircraft that made you feel part of it, but in so many video games/simulations that have multiple aircraft it feels not much different from all the others in that regard - except BoX. The Spitfire truly IS a joy to fly in BoX comparative to the other aircraft.

I must confess I'm not a fan of the BoX spit. For me, the Yaks fly the way I would expect a Spit to fly... The spit "feels" like its made of tin.
I suspect I am one of the few poeple who atually finds the DCS spitfire a dream to fly, despite the incompleteness of the model. I spent a long time getting my controls set up nicely in terms of ergonomics AND input curves.
The only thing I still have some issue with is the very coarse trim response.

Oh, I'm with you there about the DCS Spitfire. I actually really think the A2A Spitfire for MSFSX was pretty damn good too, possibly better than the DCS one overall. But in looking at BoX, I find that most of the aircraft seem very wobbly unless you're at very high speed. The Spitfire feels a lot more precise to fly. Again, in comparison.

If DCS WWII was a full and finished product, I doubt any of us would be considering different sims.

The main thing that doesn't feel right to me about the BoX models is the rudder. It seems almost unnecessary to trim it out at all speeds, and if you do need an input, it's usually only a tiny bit.
No.401_Wolverine

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series