Storm of War Teamspeak

Finnish Virtual Pilots server

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: Finnish Virtual Pilots server

Postby No.504 Leifr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Best poke some of the 504 lads into this.
We dicked around in BoS between SoW campaigns. Nice to see that dynamic servers are a thing now... It would be nice to see some of you in the air again.
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 pm

As far as squad operations go, 56RAF have switched exclusively to BoX. There a couple of jet jockeys waiting to see how the Harrier turns out in DCS but nobody is talking about going to DCS again as a squad . I am sure most of us will take a look at CLoD 4.5 but I am not sure that a bit of polish is really going to bring the squad back to TF. About the only thing that might do that for 4.5 is SoW coming up with a new exciting server. A bit ironic that the people that could save TF are the people they hate. Speaking for myself, if 4.5 included North Africa & its aircraft etc. then I would be a lot more interested but not the old BoB with different explosions.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Well I've had a couple of sessions in BoX now. Too early to conclusively review it either way but it does seem like the future. It's certainly more game than DCS but there are elements I really don't like and somethings that definitely CloD did better.

Lol @Roblex.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Barone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 am

There is a sort of "day to play on Finnish server"?
I notice that some evening the server is quite empty while on other nights it gets lots of people.
Barone

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 am

Barone wrote:There is a sort of "day to play on Finnish server"?
I notice that some evening the server is quite empty while on other nights it gets lots of people.

It is the first port of call for 56 squadron between 20:00 & 23:00 GMT on Wednesdays and Sundays unless there is a problem with the server or we have one of our rare private training sessions. That should provide at least 8 Allies. I must admit though that last Sunday everyone vanished at about 22:00 leaving just us and Sundays are usually a good night for most servers,
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Barone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 am

56RAF_Roblex wrote:
It is the first port of call for 56 squadron between 20:00 & 23:00 GMT on Wednesdays and Sundays unless there is a problem with the server or we have one of our rare private training sessions. That should provide at least 8 Allies. I must admit though that last Sunday everyone vanished at about 22:00 leaving just us and Sundays are usually a good night for most servers,

Ok thanks! Yeah Sundays it's a good day to play for almost every flight-sims.
Barone

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:21 pm

It can be pretty busy on Monday and Thursdays from 20:00 GMT. You'll find EAF on there on a Thursday, we're engaged in a campaign on Monday nights at the moment. It's generally pretty empty during the day; but that comes with opportunities for practicing level bombing etc.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Previous

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series