Storm of War Teamspeak

BoX Feedback

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

BoX Feedback

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 am

1C/777 have asked for feedback on their BoX series.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/40 ... k-feature/

You are asked for one negative thing and one positive thing only (no lists!). Each is limited to 240 characters.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Re: BoX Feedback

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:41 am

Made my feedback. Unable to see ground targets from high altitude was my comment for negative aspect. I'm really generally impressed with the environmental effects and optimization of visuals though (my positive remark).
No.401_Wolverine

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:53 am

No.401_Wolverine wrote: the environmental effects .

I hate the raindrops everytime I enter cloud of any sort.
Also, the clouds still look really poor in IL2 for me. They rotate with TiR, are kinda low-res and when aircraft go near them they go all blurry.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
No.401_Wolverine wrote: the environmental effects .

I hate the raindrops everytime I enter cloud of any sort.
Also, the clouds still look really poor in IL2 for me. They rotate with TiR, are kinda low-res and when aircraft go near them they go all blurry.

I did note that aircraft sometimes lose anti-aliasing when passing in front of clouds, but I suspect that's a technical issue they're working on. I don't mind the raindrops, could be toned down a bit. I like that they have it, especially in rainy weather options. Considering the fact that CloD's weather options are sunny or sunny with a bit of cloud, I think BoX has them beat there.

I honestly don't notice the rotation much, but I have a very large screen and I'm usually focused on navigation or enemies. There's clearly a trade-off in trying to do one thing or another. I'm willing to live with some rotation in the clouds and trees at the periphery if I get proper variable weather conditions, etc. I have the feeling that if it was easy to do all this stuff in one package, someone would have done it.

I had other complaints but they didn't want a list. I still think it's too difficult to get people together for a co-op mission. The mission builder is not intuitive at all and still crashes on me regularly. What they really need to do is allow people to play the career campaign as a co-op, where you all bring your own pilot to the squadron.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby EAF51_Jimmi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:27 pm

9k bubble for me aswell! Apart for neglecting strategic bombing when you see another plane it’s too late, you can’t maneuver to get a better position or to try to evade him... this makes all the fights closer to airquake!

Second remark is server option to remove technochat!

If they sort those 2 things and develop a good airmarshal mode they’ll get it!

Bonus would be better coop mode and better Damage Model! My feeling is that some hitboxes are too big and hits too cosmetic!
EAF51_Jimmi

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series