Storm of War Teamspeak

BoK released imminent

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

BoK released imminent

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am

Jason Williams posted on the IL-2:BoX forums yesterday that the release of Battle of Kuban (BoK) is soon. General speculation is that "soon" means in in the next week. Maybe even by this weekend. After the official release, the price will go up.Ref: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34 ... eo-inside/

BoK as been a looooooooooong time in the making, although some of the content has been already available through their early-pre-alpha scheme. The official release itself, however, will include the 3.001 game engine (with better rendering) and some new aircraft that (for some people) are eagerly awaited. Included in the announcement was a video of the P-39, which is one of those. The other one is the A-20, which will give the Soviets a medium ground-attack bomber.

[ EDIT ] Removed my comment regarding Steam releases. I got told off by Jason Williams for "sowing confusion". (I wonder if his choice of the word "sowing" was deliberate?). Apparently we are to "wait for further announcements".
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Re: BoK released imminent

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 am

If DCS had got 2.5 fixed already they'd not be shown up by BoX.. yet again.

I've had a bit of a dabble in IL2 recently and it was quite fun, albeit laggy and a bit "dog-fighty".
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 am

Jolly good.

We're pretty much a BoX squad now, so looking forward to adding an RAF Bomber to our pretend RAF lineup. :lol:

Also hopefully the Spitfire Mk. Vb will go on sale as a standalone collector's aircraft soon as with the previous ones.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

We've got a definite split between DCS and BoX at the moment, it's hard to find the time for both. However, there are plenty that will be pleased that this is imminent for release.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Ill just wait and probably get only standard on sail in few months, even though A-20 and P-39 are tempting, with them not fixing server problems and no plan on changing 9km range its not good to reword them with preordering :D
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Another announcement, for anyone interested...

The "master server" will be off on 14-Mar-2018 for the upgrade to 3.001. Ref: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34 ... arch-14th/
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Really looking forward to this. I've pretty much written off DCS and TFS for the time being.
6./ZG76_Archie

Postby Barone » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

DCS is still a no-go for me. Don't want to waste any more money on that...
This could be a chance to fly a spit (even if outdated) considering that Clod is becoming a desolate land online...
Barone

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Tomorrow eh!

In before Britain bans all trade with Russia...
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 am

EAF79_OD_ wrote:We've got a definite split between DCS and BoX at the moment, it's hard to find the time for both. However, there are plenty that will be pleased that this is imminent for release.

Yep. The community is pretty split at the moment. For virtual-warbird-pilots, all of the offerings (DCS, BoX, XP, CloD, P3D, WT, RoF, etc.) have aspects of brilliance, marred with with some rather irksome flaws. Introducing Western Allies aircraft to BoX will certainly assist them attract a bigger player base and the new 3.001 will have the somewhat-improved visibility model which will help too. I still find BoX a bit shallow, but it is slowly improving.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Next

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series