Storm of War Teamspeak

FAO: Buzzsaw & TFS

For the discussion of Team Fusion Simulations work on Cliffs of Dover
Forum rules
This is a fresh start. Please use this forum to report bugs that only TFS can fix, discuss the bug tracker and for TF announcements only.

FAO: Buzzsaw & TFS

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Mike,

You have very publicly accused Count Zero of something which is untrue (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35969-cliff-of-dover-bf109-f-4/?page=2) and the circumstances surrounding which I have privately corresponded with you about several times. You then chose to close the thread and remove the ability to reply to everyone, and specifically Count Zero by banning him. By posting this I am going to lay out the facts as I see them and that way everyone who is interested (probably no one) can view my side of this sad state of affairs.

• During my brief membership of Team Fusion I had access to and downloaded the kegetys enabled dll for version 4.312 for the purpose of testing and creating mods.
  • While a member of Team fusion I was not required to sign an NDA
  • Upon ejection from Team Fusion I was not requested to delete any material pertaining to TF nor requested to refrain from dissemination of such.
  • At the time of my ejection there was no agreement between TF and 1C and there was no access to the unobfuscated source code.
  • At the time of my ejection all modifications pertaining to TF4.312 had been achieved via "hacking" the code which was technically in contravention of the EULA
  • During the misguided attempt to force TF to engage with the community at large and SoW specifically, and knowing that you were reading the posts made on SoW, I made a public post to Count Zero in a thread which read as follows "CountZero - would a kegetys version of Tf4.312 help you?" on Wed Mar 22, 2017 at 12:43 pm. (the original post is currently archived in a non publicly viewable area but is retained)
  • On the same day (Wed Mar 22, 2017) there was a private message conversation with Count Zero (the contents of which I will not reveal as I do not have and have not sought his permission to do so) to the effect of "if you wanted to look through the flight models I do have a kegetys copy - I'd have to dig it out".
  • Having dug the file out and thought about it, I decided not to disseminate material that had been obtained while part of TF. I sent Count Zero the following message on Thu Apr 06, 2017 at 7:13 am
    Hi mate.

Turns out I don't have a copy anymore. Thought it was on a backup external HDD but nope. Must have gone when I deleted my CLOD install.

Sorry.
    . This was a lie. I do have the file. Again, this private message has been retained.
  • At NO point have I circulated, disseminated or transmitted any of what you termed "proprietary software" but which in reality was a hacked version of a game obtained through breach of an EULA.
  • On Tuesday 5th September, 2017 at 09.50 I emailed you privately to clarify what had occurred and went so far as to say "I can understand why you might think I had, given our history and comments etc written on the SoW forums." That email chain is also retained.

I note that on attempting to access the IL2 official forums to copy the above link I have been banned for posting the following just before posting this thread

As one of the customers of TFS who actually did pay for a copy of Blitz for the SoW server I can state categorically that it was not free or FREE depending on your outlook.

There are a number of statements made here in these forums generally that I would like very much to publicly discuss and refute in an adult manner however it's clear that to do so here will result in a ban or the thread being locked or other such censure so I will not.

I have gone out of my way to clear this up. I can post screenshots of everything that has been referenced above. I appreciate that I cannot prove I did not pass the file to CZ - proving something didn't occur is rather difficult by definition.
If you believe me to be a monstrous pain in your backside, I will not disagree.
If you believe I have communicated information that you would rather I hadn't, I will not disagree.
I am guilty of many things, but not this.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Re: FAO: Buzzsaw & TFS

Postby StG77_CountZero » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:14 pm

"Count Zero was banned because he illegally obtained, (someone broke their NDA) a proprietary copy of the inhouse moddable version of CoD and announced publicly on another forum he would hack the entire Source Code and distribute it to the public... ask the people at 1C what they might think of that.

Of course, he failed, but the intention was there, and I am not going to pander to that type of behaviour."

Yes like you say nothing happend and no data was exchanged, and i do wonder on what public forum i anounced that i plan to hack SC and even share it with all, his post from BoS forum im quating here is total lie. Waiting to see where are thouse posts buzz is talking about.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Following a discussion with Buzzsaw yesterday evening which did involve a discussion of the possibilities of legal action being taken, I agreed to make the following statements.

Regarding the offer of the dll to Count Zero. I think that I've shown above that this was wrong and I did not in fact pass the file to him. However Buzzsaw wishes me to categorically state that I have not done that and I will not be doing that in the future which I hereby do. I won't pass on that software.

Additionally, I will refrain from disclosing any previously unreleased or posted information which is to the best of my knowledge covered by NDA or sourced from within TFS.

As quid pro quo, Buzzsaw will be acknowledging publicly that he accepts that I did not pass the dll to Count Zero and for him to lift the ban on the 1C forum for Count Zero and myself. I hope that in doing so he will publicly post that such action has been taken, and that his allegations against Count Zero were unacceptable but it wasn't a stipulation of the agreement.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:01 am

Well, it certainly doesn't get any less rediculous that's for sure.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 am

'' his allegations against Count Zero were unacceptable but it wasn't a stipulation of the agreement.''

Shame.
6./ZG76_Archie

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks for posts Reddog.

I dont expect he will publicly say anything or my ban being lifted, i still see im baned on il-2 BOS even though hes resaons to ban are proven to be untrue.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am

Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:58 am

Sadly I consider Buzzsaw's post to be inadequate and not what we agreed. I have given him the opportunity to rectify or amend what he wrote and he has declined to do so. As such I am of the opinion he has not fulfilled the obligations of our agreement.

I will leave this thread up as a lesson in keeping ones word.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Return to Team Fusion Simulations