Storm of War Teamspeak

Cliffs of Dover Blitz - SOW announcement

This sub-forum is for discussing and sharing mods

Re: Cliffs of Dover Blitz - SOW announcement

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:46 pm

One guy reported:
''Flew at 16:00. 100 in server. Involved in a furball over the channel. 25+ fighters. No lag or warping. Slight stutters occasionally. Server timed out. Rejoined once it had refreshed. Took off and flew for 10 minutes. This time lag and alot more stuttering. Lost connection with host and booted.''

Sounds fab
6./ZG76_Archie

Postby Mysticpuma » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:14 pm

That was when the server was reset. 99% of players report v4.312 levels of play.
Fix will be rolled out via Steam as an automatic update once 1C/Steam approve it.
Mysticpuma

Postby StG77_CountZero » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 pm

If you plan to run SoW i would be for just having event nights, one for each big timezones USA, AUS,EURO if posible, then 24/7 format.
StG77_CountZero

Postby No.54 dix (KL-X) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:35 pm

6./ZG76_Archie wrote:One guy reported:
''Flew at 16:00. 100 in server. Involved in a furball over the channel. 25+ fighters. No lag or warping. Slight stutters occasionally. Server timed out. Rejoined once it had refreshed. Took off and flew for 10 minutes. This time lag and alot more stuttering. Lost connection with host and booted.''

Sounds fab

just to give credit where it is due
i flew twice yesteday, i wouldn't say it was just like 4.312, but it was good, there were 100+ players in the server
there was no problem aiming down planes. nobody was rubber banding left and right like crazy
a few minor stutterings, like i've seen in box and dcs aswell to be honest
i shot down 3-4 planes, two while not having trackir working

but 4.312 wasnt perfect at all. i remember very well losing 100$ during an air race because of lag
or people rubber banding through corners and making you explode while they had no issues whatsoever
No.54 dix (KL-X)

Postby IRRE_Simpel » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Sad news, but i understand.

My and my teammate hope one day we can have a new SOW campaign. Thank you so much for your work. Like many other pilot for us is our best campagne experience.

Good luck for your futur choice ! And the most important happy new year ;)

Irréductibles, french squadron.
IRRE_Simpel

Postby SC/JG_Ivank » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Philstyle you said here and in your Youtube review:

There are still a host of other issues that are a disappointment;
1. Tree collision which is dependent on client video settings

This is incorrect Tree collisions are based on max settings and are the same for everybody. From the coder himself:

"Yes. Collisions will happen even if you don't see the trees due to the lower setting.
It is not fair to have one person with full trees see another fly through them. We would start getting "tree collisions are not working properly".

If they want to avoid the invisible trees, they will have to get a better machine and make them visible.

In addition the Lag fix and FFB fix is now on Steam
SC/JG_Ivank

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi Ivan. That doesn't appear to be borne out by the testing that others have done.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Ivan this is not how it works in game from my tests, guy who has very low can not be killed by invisable trees that he dosent see and veary high guys see.

Guy who has veary high can see guy who has very low pass throu trees, and if he trys to pass trough same tree he cant.

So what main coder says is not how it works in game, and from their crapy lanch of 4.5 i have 0 trust that any of them bother to test coders teories.

Reply:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fp6tcddbl ... cztree.trk

me on veary low forrest, rip on veary high, and you see me pass trough treees that i dont see but rip see and they kill him but not me. I dont pull this shit out of my ass, i test to c how it works and report what i c, and dont belive just on word or how it should work is how it works.
StG77_CountZero

Postby SC/JG_Ivank » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:58 am

Cant upload to the forum so image is in the dropbox link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpaon6f6lvhxv ... n.jpg?dl=0

These are screen grabs from the supplied track flown with both Forest Max and Forest Min.

The top image shows the tree crash with Forest MIN selected. The gap which
Gruppenwald flew through is clearly seen He crashed.... he hit an invisible tree.

The lower image shows the same scene but with Forest MAX. The Tree that Gruppenwald hit can be clearly seen.

So in both cases a Tree collision occurred with Forest Min or Max. In either case the outcome was the same. So as the coder says Tree collisions are based on the MAX setting and are not independent of Forest setting.... every player has a consistent experience.
SC/JG_Ivank

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:40 am

I run more then dosen tests and i can pass trugh thouse gaps on very low, r u sure you didnt hit any of left or right trees you see on low do you have recording of what you say happend on picture i dont see any crash, and who hosted that test where you say both of you got crash. I still belive what i can see happends not what they say should happend, so untill i see differant i beleve my tests.
StG77_CountZero

PreviousNext

Return to DCS Modding