Storm of War Teamspeak

RoF video - come fly with us

For posting updates and information on all sorts of other games.
Feel free to link you twitch or YouTube accounts here too.

RoF video - come fly with us

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:15 pm

In addition to developing SoW-DCS material and hauling floatplanes in X-Plane, I've also been doing a bit of puttering about in Rise of Flight.

Last week, the RoF community created and posted this video. I'm re-posting it here for those of you who are also interested in WWI flight, and who might like a little inspiration to don the goggles and white silk scarf and take to the skies with us.

Enjoy!
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Re: RoF video - come fly with us

Postby Ibis » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Very nice Dietrich.
That's what its all about,
Thanks for posting ;)
Ibis

Postby EAF602_Red » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Nice Dietrich, used to fly RoF about 3 yrs ago, got new PC and never re-installed it, watching that vid makes me want to fly it again :D
EAF602_Red
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am

I'm waiting for the new version to be released in the IL2 Great Battles series :)
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

EAF79_OD_ wrote:I'm waiting for the new version to be released in the IL2 Great Battles series :)

I think a lot of people are.

The IL2 series has improved a lot in recent years, and the idea of WWI aircraft in an up-to-date sim, esp. with VR and the latest DX graphics is very appealing. I actually think the IL2 engine suits WWI better than WWII. I really hope the Flying Circus Volume 1 sells well and they proceed with the remainder of the RoF conversion (and then even more aircraft too!).

It would also be good if they could include at least the same level of mechanisms in Flying Circus as they have in RoF (things like artillery spotting, reconnaissance photography, aircraft/pilot personalisation, seaplanes, deformation modelling, single-player campaign, etc.). IL2:BoX seems to have gone backwards compared to RoF in some regards, so it would be good to get those things re-implemented.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Return to Other Games and YouTube Channels