Storm of War Teamspeak

SOW Teamspeak

IMPORTANT NOTICES REGARDING SERVER

SOW Teamspeak

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi all,

Our teamspeak hosts have managed to fuck up the hosting...

@Multiplay
@Multiplay

At 12am BST, we rolled out a security fix that caused cancellations across our community server farm. This has mostly impacted Teamspeak, Mumble, and Minecraft services. Since this time we have been working to restore services. We will continue to keep customers updated.

Multiplay

@Multiplay
Replying to @Multiplay
Update: we're working hard to restore Teamspeak services as a priority. This is a delicate process and will take time to complete. We will update further as the team progresses with this task. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused especially so close to the weekend.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Re: SOW Teamspeak

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:07 pm

That's considerate of them.

Thanks for letting us know.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:14 am

Everything appears to be working again now.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:49 pm

So...

It seems our TS hosts decided to not send me a renewal invoice which is why the TS suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago. I finally managed them to raise an invoice yesterday which didn't show for me to pay this morning. Having raised and paid a further invoice this morning on my phone, I get home to discover that the TS still isn't up. So I email them again and discover that because I didn't pay the initial invoice within 12hrs (...) they cancelled it and wiped the server channels so we're left with a blank TS and no privileges. Brilliant.

Can pretty much guarantee that I'll be finding an alternate host when this 6mths is up. :roll:
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Admin (Reddog) wrote:Can pretty much guarantee that I'll be finding an alternate host when this 6mths is up. :roll:

We could just move to Dischord.. it's free...
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm

I have bean tins (proper beans) and blue string (fancy, I know) and we could (with a bit of effort) rig up an international comms model that will surely rival Skype for Business (in short, out company moved to Skype a year ago now and since then, our success rate with making basic phone calls, even within the office, much less external, gives Alexander's early experiments into his technology a run for its money in terms of reliability :roll: )

6 months may be a time for pow-wow I get the feeling :?
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:27 pm

No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:I have bean tins (proper beans) and blue string (fancy, I know) and we could (with a bit of effort) rig up an international comms model that will surely rival Skype for Business {...}

Skype-for-business... I feel your pain. We have the same thing. Effectively no phone comms ever since they switched.

Personally, I would advocate RLS. Based on SRS (Simple Radio Server) for DCS, RLS (Real-Life Radio) is a physical radio that you can install in your house, garage, cardboard box. You put up an antenna, tune to the pre-agreed frequency and then use it to send real radio transmissions to other users. Like its WW2 counter parts, it is subject to noise, static, etc.. RLS is very realistic and we can even go into electronic warfare jamming each others signals. I also think we should start using Morse-Vail code and Enigma encypherment.

For the Allied side, there are pigeons.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I have a TS server that is largely unused, running on my Mac Mini. It’s left on all the time, only going off for the occasional update. Normally no more than 30 minutes and at a time that it’s likely to be empty. Always an alternative.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Return to Server Notices