Storm of War Teamspeak

Oceanic Wing

This forum is for Squadrons to promote themselves, share their achievements and their Videos etc. A healthy and Friendly rivalry is encouraged.

Oceanic Wing

Postby O_Smiladon » Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 am

Good day gents,

We are a small, but have a big passion for flight sims.

Most of us are from New Zealand and Australia we do have members in the US and the UK

We look forward to the Action.

Regards
O_Smiladon
Oceanic Wing
Check out Oceanic wing on FB trying to get a hundred likes :)
O_Smiladon

Re: Oceanic Wing

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon May 04, 2015 8:10 am

Kiaora!

Good to have some more Antipodeans taking a look at SoW.
Puff from EAF mentioned you lads might be along.

If you chaps need any help, just ask.
Getting registered (both squad ad players) can be a little bit time consuming, but we are happy to help get you all kitted out.

A note on picking sides
On SoW, pilots generally tend to pick one side or the other and stick to it. The below might help you sort the admin side out:

IF you have a mix of players, some who fly red and some who fly blue:
In this case it might be best to set up TWO squads on the "Squadrons" page. For example "Oceanic Wing RED" and "Oceanic Wing BLUE".

IF you have players who mainly all fly for the same team:
I'd suggest setting up just a single "squadron" in our sqauds page and then letting us know which side you'd prefer to fight for.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby EAF331_Stuntman » Mon May 04, 2015 8:12 am

Welcome. :)

It's great to see more people from Oceania! SoW has regular events, I hope you will be able to join them, albeit the time zone differences are problematic.
"Alt for Norge! - All for Norway!" - King Haakon VII of Norway (1872-1957).
My Cliffs of Dover & flight sim movies
EAF331_Stuntman
SoW Supporter

Postby O_Smiladon » Mon May 04, 2015 8:56 am

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Kiaora!

Good to have some more Antipodeans taking a look at SoW.
Puff from EAF mentioned you lads might be along.

If you chaps need any help, just ask.
Getting registered (both squad ad players) can be a little bit time consuming, but we are happy to help get you all kitted out.

A note on picking sides
On SoW, pilots generally tend to pick one side or the other and stick to it. The below might help you sort the admin side out:

IF you have a mix of players, some who fly red and some who fly blue:
In this case it might be best to set up TWO squads on the "Squadrons" page. For example "Oceanic Wing RED" and "Oceanic Wing BLUE".

IF you have players who mainly all fly for the same team:
I'd suggest setting up just a single "squadron" in our sqauds page and then letting us know which side you'd prefer to fight for.

Kiaora Bro!

Thanks for that. I am a little stuck, most of us will be flying RAF. but i can not seem to find where we have the option to make that choice.

But very happy to be here, and look forward to the adventure.

Regards
O_Smiladon
O_Smiladon

Postby O_Smiladon » Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 am

EAF331_Stuntman wrote:Welcome. :)

It's great to see more people from Oceania! SoW has regular events, I hope you will be able to join them, albeit the time zone differences are problematic.

Thanks Stuntman,

Most of us will be in the air on a Friday and Saturday Night/Morning average Kiwi time 10 pm-1:30 am sort of stuff.

So that's around your guys mid morning- early arvo sort of thing.

Cheers
O_Smiladon
O_Smiladon

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:02 am

O_Smiladon wrote:Thanks for that. I am a little stuck, most of us will be flying RAF. but i can not seem to find where we have the option to make that choice.
Regards
O_Smiladon

OK, if you need help setting up your unit in the database, just follow this YouTube video.
Start Watching at 1 Minute and 05 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjvKC2SaGlw#t=72

Once the squadron has been set up, we will then assign it to the team of your choice. This assignation has to be done manually by the admins. So, once you are resgistered, we will assign you to the RED team.

BTW: If yoiu know of any BLUE-team squads in your timezone, SoW would love to be in contact with them. Would be great to have some stronger Blue presence in that time of the day.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:06 am

OK, Oceanic Wing should now have access to the RED Team forums, and the RED TEAM campiagn interface.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 am

Welcome!

Of course you said that would be flying Red. But when you see the error of your ways, just let us know and we'll get you transferred over to the Luftwaffe! ;)
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby O_Smiladon » Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 am

xvii-Dietrich wrote:Welcome!

Of course you said that would be flying Red. But when you see the error of your ways, just let us know and we'll get you transferred over to the Luftwaffe! ;)

:lol: Cheers mate
O_Smiladon

Postby EG14_Retnek » Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am

xvii-Dietrich wrote:Welcome!

Such a long history of colonial sweating and they still feel the need to serve their surpressors. Flying for the Luftwaffe could have been an act of release, not to mention the recent planes, better beer, much better food (frog's leg on sauerkraut, cuisine du Reich, delicious!)... come on, dear friends, free yourself, fly Luftwaffe!
[SoW I] [SoW II] [EG14 a.D.] [?]
EG14_Retnek
SoW Supporter

Next

Return to Open Squadrons Forums