Storm of War Teamspeak

Hitting JG4 where it hurts...

For the posting of tutorials, videos and any other cool stuff

Hitting JG4 where it hurts...

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm

EAF Red, Vortex and OD decide to hunt down JG4. This means going sausage side and prowling around Marquis West...a base we'd already hit once that day! We even found E69_Deliverator and shot down a couple of 109s on the way out!

Storm of War Server - 6th December 2015

With no music for those that can not see the above:
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Re: Hitting JG4 where it hurts...

Postby JG4_Qetzalcoatl » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:30 pm

It was a nice try. But I think, we had no casualties because we all left our planes in time as the flak started. ;)
JG4_Qetzalcoatl

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:38 pm

It certainly took some aircraft out of commission for a while :D We enjoyed it anyway!
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby EG14_Retnek » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:13 pm

First of all: thanks you did it just the last day - that kind of suicide sorties I don't miss on SoW during the campaign. Looking at the IL2 as a simulation, that film makes me sad. IL2-CoD shines in several aspects, but it's still that very much beta in others.
At least after the second pass all the bombers, standing in a sea of fuel, should have burned like hell. I lost several pilots during a single fast recon pass over RAF-airfields or CH-sites. There was a 25 - 50% chance to earn a serious damage low over England, any time there is light AA involved. Here the guys fly in circles over the airfield for minutes and the AA completes the picturesque war scenery with nicely done dots of danger. The Hurritanks were hit several times, too - plink, plank, plonk, still nothing wrong. We will have to live with it, I fear.
[SoW I] [SoW II] [EG14 a.D.] [?]
EG14_Retnek
SoW Supporter

Postby EG14_Retnek » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:26 pm

PS: JG4 - please tell me none of this cocky swanks made it home! Hm? Yes?
[SoW I] [SoW II] [EG14 a.D.] [?]
EG14_Retnek
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 pm

All of us home in time for tea and breakfast! :lol: 8-) The flak wasn't hitting us so much as the gunners from the Ju88's from what I have seen. When I fly the Blenheim though the flak is deadly... :roll: Always takes out the ailerons if it hits me.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.54 Thurmann (KL-T) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Reminds me of other servers,well done.
Si Occiderit Me Possum Invenire
No.54 Thurmann (KL-T)
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:18 pm

xvii-Thurmann wrote:Reminds me of other servers,well done.

So wait a second...are you saying we shouldn't attack a target of opportunity on the ground?

We didn't actually go looking for JG4 but it seemed worth looking around Marquis West. Are you saying that XVII will not attack our aircraft on the ground if it sees them from now on? I doubt it.

It was the last day, we had faced an onslaught already and we went to degrade Blue's aircraft strength while it was quiet over England. We can't do it through bombing so we found another way. Not one that we have engaged in before, but why shouldn't we, on occasion, hit you at your bases? :roll: We've had to deal with roaming Bf110s near our supply base, we've had 109's out there taking people out on the ground at the supply base...so I'm not going to apologise for hitting a Blue squad on the ground...in fact I quite enjoyed it. 8-)
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.54 Roll_e (KL-A) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:09 am

Nice vid, well made well flown :D
No.54 Roll_e (KL-A)
SoW Supporter

Return to Intelligence Department