Storm of War Teamspeak

attacking bombers

For the posting of tutorials, videos and any other cool stuff

Re: attacking bombers

Postby Little_D » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi gents,

its a nice threat :D

it is possible to lock the possible belting when spawing in?

so we could use for the red side this loadout: cat mix? i dont know if it is a historical one, but it has a good mix of rounds and still a good Dewilde louadout, but less than 50:50.

and for blue loadout: the ingame standart loadout for 109E-3/109E-4 and the 110`s?

standart loadout E-4 and for the E-3 the standart loadout too.:

20mm
1. Mine
2. Mine
3. Mine,
4. Bran,- Brandspreng+ Tracer
5. Phosphor
6. ...
ammo aut, this comes close to history, see here:

Munitionsbild.png
Munitionsbild.png (233.67 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

and for the E-3 the ingame standart loadout too, also for the mg`s. because there are also to mutch blues that fly with all Mineshells :oops:

is mabe a hard step, but i think it gets the unrealistic stuff like killer loadouts out and it is closer to history, there is not 1 book i know or read in, as far i can remamber, where a pilot had there on beltingstyle. i can be wrong on this :oops: .

if you realy whant to go where i and hopfully most of us here are thinking :D there must be some compromise, even when it means that we have some restrictions or rules, to get it clean and that way we all like.

and when we get new blood we should get an all time a full server :D, but taking the kids out or teach tham in a sqaud.
but, make clear that this is for simmer and not for kidsplaying, for this we have other servers where we can have fast fun.

so we get this server to the "standart" of spit vs 109 ( Warbirds of Prey ) or even better +10000000, Phil should know ;)

sorry if this sounds to hard :oops:

regards

Little_D
Last edited by Little_D on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1./JG2_Little_D
Staffelkapitän
1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result.
The one who has 12 leads. The one who has six follows.
YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal
Little_D

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:43 pm

9./JG52 Hans Gruber wrote:Unfortunately, the biggest problem with AI can only be corrected by TF. Even removing the parachute option from the AI group does not prevent them from bailing out at the slightest smoke or fire from a minor control surface burn. Anybody using a de Wilde heavy loadout will be able to rack up kills from this big alone. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

Are you saying that fire in particular scares the AI crew more than it should? Perhaps that is right. I had the opposite problem at the weekend when I attacked one of the single recon bombers at 25000ft but did not cause any fires. I got both his engines leaking oil and fluids and took off his elevator so expected him to either crash or give up and turn for home but he would not take the hint. He did turn a few times making me think he was going home but then he kept heading back to England. Because of an earlier attack I was out of ammo so could only watch. Eventually he lost enough altitude to crash in the Channel but it took a while.

BTW, I have no problems with gunners being snipers. Other servers have made a conscious decision to dumb everything down in case the casual players leave when they stop getting easy kills, and I can see their logic, but it looks like there are enough serious pilots to keep SoW populated without training wheels.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Little_D » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

56RAF_Roblex wrote:BTW, I have no problems with gunners being snipers. Other servers have made a conscious decision to dumb everything down in case the casual players leave when they stop getting easy kills, and I can see their logic, but it looks like there are enough serious pilots to keep SoW populated without training wheels.

+1000000000 :D :D :D :D :D

let the days come back where honor was your copilot, you know he is finished and you will get the kill for him. He did a good flying, it was fun, so he deserves to try to get home or land. its a simm and not a real war, we can have this beavior and i think it was still out there in RL even in 1945 and we will never die !!!! so where is the problem?? kill is kill even when the enemy land. You could be next time the guy with a shot up plane and hope your enemy let you land.

regards

Little_D
1./JG2_Little_D
Staffelkapitän
1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result.
The one who has 12 leads. The one who has six follows.
YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal
Little_D

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Admin note. Please keep any criticism of other servers off this forum. How they choose to provide a service for their customers is up to them, as is how we do it. :D

On topic, I'm not sue that TF have the ability to play with the ai yet. If they do, then it's new since phill and I were booted out or it was kept secret. Fingers crossed they have made some progress in this area.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Intelligence Department